August 18, 2020


So this will be my very fist post! I will start with my love for reading since this blog will primarily be about books and how much I love them! I will also include posts about parenting, recipes, nursing, and relationships. I have ALOT to say! I have been through alot in my 37 years. Not more then others, however this will be where I share MY stories and experiences, ideas, and beliefs. 

As for reading! I started reading novels in elementary from R.L. Stein to the babysitters club. I loved romance since as far back as I can remember. If a book can make me "feel" something, its done its purpose. 

The series of books that really kick started my obsession was none other than 'Twilight' by Stephanie Meyer. I know, I know, very cliche. However it is the truth. I remember I started them in 2008 right after I had given birth to my second daughter Mayah and could not stop. I devoured them one by one. They left me craving more vampires, and more romance!

I will forever be thankful and partly obsessed with Twilight. I actually just got my copy of Midnight Sun and CANNOT wait to start it. I will do a review once I have completed it for you here!

Forgive me if I am not doing this 'right' but I have never blogged before lol. 

I will just write what I feel and go with my own flow. I hope you like my content and continue to read and follow. 

I will speak briefly on the last book I read. It was called, "Again the Magic'" by Lisa Kleypas. This was my first historical romance novel! I have predominantly read young adult, adult romance, paranormal, and historical fiction. However OMG i think I have found something i NOW LOVEEEE! The reads are light, sometimes funny, and just steamy! I love a book that has a good amount of smut and the dirtier, more detailed, the BETTER!

Again The Magic: So this book is about McKenna and Aline. McKenna is a bastard born and raised on Alines estate. They basically grow up together and from a bond of friendship ensues a deep love and romance. However because of Alines social standing it is inconceivable that she could ever marry "the help". When their romance is discovered she tells a lie to him that she is not interested and could never marry him because of his lower class. Aline has her father send McKenna away in agreement that he would not be harmed and turned to the streets. Instead he is given a job and a place to live. Many years later McKenna comes back to the estate to seek revenge for his broken heart. However there are secrets Aline has kept from him. Dark secrets that continue to forge a barrier between the love she has for McKenna. Can their love endure? Spoiler Alert!!!!

YES! This story was sooooo steamy! And the romanticism that McKenna provides for Aline is moving, and emotional. You can feel the anguish, despair and love of these two characters. This book was awesome. I may have set the bar too high with starting my historical romance journey with such a good book, but who has time to read shitty literature? NOT ME! I have four kids, one of which is not yet 2, so my time is precious! I promise, I will do my best to bring you reviews on good books, if not great books.

Comments

Popular Posts